SQL Server & Windows Documentation Using Windows PowerShell
SQL Power Doc is a collection of Windows PowerShell scripts and modules that discover, document, and diagnose SQL Server instances and their underlying Windows OS & machine configurations. SQL Power Doc works with all versions of SQL Server from SQL
Server 2000 through 2012, and all versions of Windows Server and consumer Windows Operating Systems from Windows 2000 and Windows XP through Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8. SQL Power Doc is also capable of documenting Windows Azure SQL Databases.
Find SQL Server Services on your network by:
- Active Directory DNS
- Subnet Scan
- Computer Name
Collect comprehensive details about SQL Server instances and their underlying Windows OS, including:
- Service Details For All Installed SQL Sever Services
- Database Engine
- Server Objects
- Database Objects
- Service Broker
- SQL Agent
- Windows OS
- Machine Information
- OS Information
This documentation is useful for:
- Baselines - know what your SQL Server environment looked like last week, last month, etc.
- Security Audits
- Licensing Audits
- Provide a complete look at how your servers are configured without having to grant access
- Comparing servers and databases
- Creating a runbook that you can give to your operations team
- Planning upgrades - see what hidden features are in use on an instance
SQL Power Doc performs over 100 checks to find hidden problems and performance bottlenecks on your SQL Servers before they turn into major headaches.
But Wait, There's More!
SQL Power Doc isn't limited to just SQL Server - you can also use it to collect an inventory of all the Windows machines on your network. If you're in need of a free documentation solution for Windows SQL Power Doc is up to the task!
Ready To Get Started?
- Read the
Requirements and the
How To Guide
- Download the latest version
- Collect an inventory
- Look like a rockstar