did not get an xml file

Aug 9, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Hi, I am trying to document a single computer sql server. I'm running the SqlServerInventoryToClixml.ps1 and I am getting a file called SQL Server Inventory - 2013-08-09-14-56 which is a text file, but I am not getting any xml file in my documents folder. can anyone help?
Coordinator
Aug 15, 2013 at 3:24 PM
I worked with Susan directly on this, but for anyone else experiencing this problem - this usually happens when the TCP/IP protocol is disabled for the instance (You can enable it in SQL Server Configuration Manager).

I thought I had fixed this in the 1.0.2.0 beta that's currently posted but it looks like there are some cases that I haven't been able to reproduce in my test environment.

--Kendal
Sep 4, 2013 at 7:36 PM
I'm having the same exact issue when scanning a SQL server I can actually scan successfully. The verbose logging txt file writes to the specified directory, but I am not seeing an xml output file.
Coordinator
Sep 4, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Clarencew4,
Are you scanning a named instance on your local machine?

--Kendal
Sep 4, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Hi Kendal,
No, there is not a named instance on the SQL server I scanned. Only the default.
Coordinator
Sep 4, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Clarencew4,
Let's carry this over to the other thread that you started since I'm not sure if this is the same issue that Susan was having or something else...

--Kendal